What is Women Moving Forward?
Women Moving Forward (WMF) is a program that will help you to:
- Discover more about who you are and what skills you have.
- Develop better communication skills.
- Explore all your education and career options.
- Set personal and professional goals for your future.
- Learn about community services and resources that can help you and your family.
- Advocate with Ontario Works, Children’s Services (daycare) and Children’s Aid Society.
- Develop the skills and knowledge you need to be successful.
- Become financially independent.
Who is eligible for WMF?
- To join WMF, you must be:
- A single mother, aged 20-29.
- A recipient of OW or ODSP.
- Able to attend program in the Jane and Finch community.
- Available to attend program from Monday - Thursday, 9:15 AM - 3:30 PM.
- Motivated to make positive changes in your life.
What are WMF graduates doing now?
- Completing their high school diplomas.
- Attending and graduating from college and university, with degrees in social work, nursing, business, sociology, political science, culinary arts...
- Working as retail managers, as licensed child care providers, as social service workers, as skilled trades women...
- Running their own businesses.
- LIVING THEIR DREAMS!